Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions?

With the new year, a lot of folks set up resolutions for themselves. My wife made a few small ones and asked me if I had any. My quick reply, "Nope!". I never have really made any sort of new years resolutions. But this year I think I will set up a few goals for my self.

First is to get my wife and I ready to go do a week long backpacking trip in Yosemite National Park next year. My wife has always enjoyed hiking at the local parks and she has decided to take this up as a full blown hobby. If you thought Warhammer was expensive take a look again! Training for the trip should be fun as it lets the two of us do something together. Over the last year and a half we have lost somewhere between 80 and 90 pounds together. Personally I have lost 50 pounds and I still have about 10 more to go. Getting out and hiking will mean less time for my little plastic men now, but it's 100% worth it.

My second goal is more related to this blog. I've decided this year to attend every 40K tournament at the shop I play at with a fully painted and based army. My local gaming store is having its first 40K tournament of the year on January 22. It's a 1800pt, 3 round tourney. I don't think I'll win but that's not my goal. What I want to do is get out and get in more games with folks I don't usually play against and have fun. I'll probably run my Ultrawing since it is all painted. Or I could run my Space Wolves but that would mean a lot of painting in a short period of time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment