Thursday, January 6, 2011

Still thinking!

Yesterday I posted saying that I was thinking about repainting my Ultrawing to something other than Ultramarines. I've also thought about painting them as Brazen Claws, which would be easier as I would only have to repaint half of my models in red. Of course I would also have to redo all of my decals as well.


I've also been looking at the paint scheme for the Howling Griffons. This quartered scheme has always been a favorite of mine, but like the Angels of Redemption color scheme it will require the whole army to be stripped down.


The main reason I want to do this is that I always get these crazy ideas for a new marine army in various codex's. Like a sanguinary guard Blood Angel army or an all dreadnought Iron Hands army. I guess I could always just paint up a squad in their own chapters colors and make a giant crusade type army. Each squad and transport would be from a different chapter but centered around a common theme. This way I could still have my Ultrawing and my Space Wolves, but I could still add in a unit of Blood Angels, Black Templars, or even the infamous Rainbow Warriors!

1 comment:

  1. I have a Chapter that is the same color scheme but instead of quartering the colors I only halved them. It turn out really nice.

    ReplyDelete