Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Project Update: Freebooterz Build List

Courtesy of THQ.
Since I don't have time tonight to really start building my first squad of boyz, I thought I would post up my "build list". This isn't an exact army list, but instead it's a guide for me while assembling my units. I've found out that making a list like this for each army I build keeps me on track and focused. It also helps me sort out what bitz I want to pull from each box when making conversions. Here is the build list and how I think certain units will function in the army.

My rough plan is to put Mad Doc into the large boyz squad and let them take advantage or his rage rule to start throwing a lot of shots at the enemy while using his feel no pain rule. Either the enemy will have to deal with them, or let them hit their lines. I know that rage will mess with them, but to me it's not the end of the world as Mad Doc lets me take Cybork armour that I get to enjoy modeling throughout the army. The Big Mek will ride in one of the trukks (replacing a boy when needed), or in the battlewagon. I plan on converting my Big Mek out of Kaptin Badruk and a pile of bitz.

Once I get going with this army, I'm thinking about adding a squad of Mega-Nobz in a battlewagon and some StormBoyz. In addition to all of this, I plan on getting some of the upgrades from MaxMini, like the pirate orc heads, and a few other bits.

My "Build List"

Unlimited Pts - Codex: Orks Roster - Freebooterz build list

HQ: Mad Dok Grotsnik (1#, 160 pts)
   1 Mad Dok Grotsnik, 160 pts

HQ: Big Mek (1#, 125 pts)
   1 Big Mek, 125 pts ('Eavy Armour; Bosspole; Kustom Force Field; Power Klaw; Cybork Body)

Elite: Nobz (8#, 520 pts)
   1 Nobz, 520 pts (Cybork Body)
      1 Painboy (Cybork Body; 'Eavy Armour; Grot Orderly)
      1 Nobz ('Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Power Klaw; Twin Linked Shoota)
      1 Nobz ('Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Power Klaw; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon)
      1 Nobz ('Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Power Klaw; Shoota/Rokkit Kombi-weapon)
      1 Nobz ('Eavy Armour; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Big Choppa; Twin Linked Shoota)
      1 Nobz ('Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Waaagh! Banner; Big Choppa; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon)
      1 Nobz ('Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Big Choppa; Shoota/Rokkit Kombi-weapon)
      1 Battlewagon (Armour Plates; Boarding Plank; Deff Rolla; Grabbin' Klaw; Grot Rigger)

Troops: Deff Dread (1#, 120 pts)
   1 Deff Dread, 120 pts (Count as Troop Troops; Armour Plates; Grot Rigger; Dreadnought CCW x2)

Troops: 'Ard Boyz (20#, 380 pts)
   19 'Ard Boyz, 380 pts (Cybork Body; Stikkbombs; Shootas; Rokkit Launcha x2)
      1 'Ard Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Cybork Body; Stikkbombs; Power Klaw)

Troops: Boyz (13#, 237 pts)
   11 Boyz, 237 pts (Cybork Body; Rokkit Launcha x1)
      1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Cybork Body; Power Klaw)
      1 Trukk (Armour Plates; Boarding Plank; Grot Rigger)

Troops: Boyz (13#, 237 pts)
   11 Boyz, 237 pts (Cybork Body; Rokkit Launcha x1)
      1 Boyz Nob (Bosspole; Cybork Body; Power Klaw)
      1 Trukk (Armour Plates; Boarding Plank; Grot Rigger)

Fast Attack: Deffkoptas (5#, 280 pts)
   5 Deffkoptas, 280 pts (Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha x3; Buzzsaw x2; Cybork Body)

Fast Attack: Warbikers (4#, 155 pts)
   3 Warbikers, 155 pts (Cybork Body)
      1 Biker Nob (Cybork Body; Power Klaw)

Heavy Support: Deff Dread (1#, 120 pts)
   1 Deff Dread, 120 pts (Armour Plates; Grot Rigger; Kustom Mega-Blasta x2)

Heavy Support: Killer Kans (3#, 185 pts)
   3 Killer Kans, 185 pts (Armour Plates x3; Grot Rigger x3; Grotzooka x2; Rokkit Launcha x1)

Heavy Support: Killer Kans (3#, 190 pts)
   3 Killer Kans, 190 pts (Armour Plates x3; Grot Rigger x3; Grotzooka x2; Kustom Mega-Blasta x1)

Legendary: Big Mek's Stompa (1#, 650 pts)
   1 Big Mek's Stompa, 650 pts

Total Roster Cost: 3359

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

No comments:

Post a Comment