Well, I tried to get the first Boyz squad completely finished this past weekend. And it just didn't happen. There's just been a lot going on here at home, and I haven't been in the mood. I have to be in the mood to paint, otherwise I just can't get into it. If I can't get into it, then I feel myself just going through the paces and the quality drops. With this army, I want each figure from Big Mek Badruk to the smallest squig to look the best I can make them. Unfortunately this weekend it didn't happen. The sad thing is all I had to finish on them is the squad markings to make them Snakebites and they're done.
On the upside, I did manage to get my old Ultrawing army out of its Simple Green bath and scrubbed clean. I had to clean these guys twice due to the clear varnish I used to protect them. Apparently the Simple Green only worked its way through the varnish and then I had to scrub them all and let them soak again to let it work through the paint! Once I got everything nice and clean, I rinsed them all of with warm water and let them sit in front of one of my air conditioner vents to dry for a day. I've got a new Belial conversion finished on Sunday from the figures I stripped, so at least the weekend wasn't a complete loss.
|The best paint stripper for miniatures, EVER!|