Friday, September 16, 2011

Knock, Knock.....Anyone Here?



Sorry for the long absence guys and gals. Even though I haven't been posting anything in a while, I've still been busy with 40K stuff.

My plans for an army in a weekend went really bad, and I lost motivation to post stuff up. The spray I got from Army Painter decided it wanted to cover my models in a layer of fuzzy bone colored paint, and at other times it shot out globs of paint. Not fun. I can deal with most of it, but I have one land raider that I will have to sand down and just paint by hand. In fact, the only thing that Army Painter did for me was give me a rough primer for my Deathwing. If I would have used their dip as well, it would have looked horrible. So now I'm painting them up one at a time. I've finished Belial and most of his command squad.



The Orks are coming along very nicely, though! i managed to finish assembling the last of my 'Ard Boyz squad on Tuesday while I was home from work resting a very sore foot. I think the only other things that I want to buy for these guys is another Battlewagon and maybe another box of KillaKans. I've really enjoyed buidling my Orks, and I think that they have been some of the most fun models to assemble. Sure it is a pain to shave mold lines off of a ton of figures but they're worth it. In the beginning of this project my goal was to build and paint one unit at a time before moving on to the next. In theory that may work, and it may work for some of you, but for me, I can't do it. I decided to go ahead and assemble the rest of the army and get them primed before winter when it will be too cold to do it.

And that leaves me with my Dark Eldar. I've been very, very tempted to start building up a 1000 point list. I don't need to, but man those figures look awesome. I just have to keep fighting the urge......

Well I do have one other army, my Warhammer Fantasy Night Goblins. I actually got them out of the case back in August, and set them up on my shelves. I'm going to try to paint up a unit along side of Orks. Makes sense since I will be using the majority of the same colors.

Like my 40K Orks, this army had a theme as well. I had decided to make them a Christmas themed army. Look at my Giant and Shaman, very Christmas-sy! Thing is, I'm not sure that I want to continue down that road with them. I just don't want to be stuck with something that I may not like. Or my 40K Orks. I still want them to be Freebooterz, but I have decided not to go all out with the pirate theme. In the long run it will be easier to add models to and for me to expand the army into something more. I'd like to get a copy of Imperial Armour 8 and eventually build a Kan / Dread army!

Well, I think this is enough for now. My goal is to get some photos up this weekend and let y'all see what the new Deathwing looks like. I also want to show how I built my Battlewagon with all the options without magnets.

Till next time, thanks for reading, and thanks for hanging in there with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment