Friday, June 17, 2011

New Outlook

I know this blog is supposed to be about "gaming from the view of a casual gamer", and for the most part it still is.

Waaaay back in the beginning of this blog, I laid out some goals for myself this year. For the most part I've fallen pretty flat on both of them. I've only been to one tournament this year, and I haven't played in one since. While there is one at my FLGS tomorrow, I can't attend it due to father's day. I need to get back out there next month and start making that goal a reality.

My other goal for this year was for me to lose those last ten pounds. Well, that's now gonna have to be fifteen since I have completely fell off of the wagon and stopped going to the gym regularly and started eating like crap. I've signed up for a 5K race on the 4th of July as motivation to get back on track. In addition to that, I've decided to start using My Fitness Pal to track my calorie intake as well as my exercise levels. I guess I'm a little wierd in the fact that I like to see my results and progress laid out in a little chart or excel sheet!

So what does all this have to do with this blog? In a word, everything. Short term will mean less time for Warhammer, but it is something that I have to do for myself. In the long run though, it will make for a better and more productive me. I know this because I felt that way last year when I was getting out more and eating right. I felt better, had more energy, slept better, and I think I was overall just better to be around.

Don't worry, I'm getting off of my soap-box now. I've got more 40K stuff coming this weekend. Thanks to a gift from one of my FLGS buddies, I've also got another set of Assault on Black Reach Orks for my Freebooterz! Now I've to decide how I want to use those extra 20 boyz I didn't plan on having...........

No comments:

Post a Comment