Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Project Update: Freebooterz Boyz Squad & Pirate Trukk

Instead of being able to get out and enjoy the Memorial Day holiday weekend, I've had to stay home and watch after my sick puppy Bailey. So, while he was recovering from surgery, I sat down and assembled my first Boyz squad and their pirate ship trukk. When I first bought all the items I thought I would need for this army, I decided the most economical way to go was the Assault on Black Reach set. I know a lot of folks don't like the static poses in the box but these guys are easy to convert. Half of my Nobz were made from the ones in that box, and half of all of my Boyz squads will be too. With the extra bits from Max Mini and a little cutting here and there it's hard to tell which Boyz came from the AoBR set. I know the bits are hard to make out, but hopefully you can get the idea. Next squad I do I'll get photos before I prime them!





And here is there ride, the first of two or three Freebooterz Pirate Trukks.




This thing is kit bashed from a trukk, some pink insulation foam, plastic card (sheet styrene), and a toy trukk from the Target clearance rack. I'll have to wait until I can get some styrofoam safe spray paint from Hobby Lobby or Michael's Arts & Crafts before I can paint this thing. I made the rivets by drilling a shallow hole into the pastic card with my hand drill. Hopefully they will show up after paint and prime, but if not I've got some small craft beads to drop into the holes to make the heads of the rivets. In the end, I'll probably make 3 or 4 of these things. Here's a few more shots. Let me know what you think!






No comments:

Post a Comment