Monday, October 17, 2011

Back From Vacation, Tournaments, & Warhammer Fantasy

St. George Island, Florida - We took a 5 mile hike out to the end, in the rain!

Last week my wife and I took a much needed vacation (or holiday for you folks across the pond!) to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that I have been married to such a wonderful woman for ten years!

During our trip to the beach, I managed to get very little done in the way of Warhammer. I finished reading one of the Black Library's 40K books, Fear the Alien. It's a book full of great short stories based around humans and aliens, and has a few tie-ins with other 40K book series. I highly recommend this book to anyone, especially if you are wanting to start a Xenos army! I also picked up a copy of the Warhammer Fantasy Ogre Kingdoms Armybook, and almost finished it as well. I'm still not sure if I will start an army of these guys, but the new models are very tempting!

The biggest thing I took away from my vacation (well, Warhammer related!), was a renewed interest in the hobby side of Warhammer. Looking at the sand dunes and other natural areas that we visisted, I was re-inspired to create a Warhammer Fantasy army based around the collectors edition Sartosa figures. I know I still have way too many other projects going one, but really, when is anyone ever truly finished with an army! I was thinking that a small 1500 point army would be easy to build and assemble.


As you might have guessed, I've been interested in getting back into Fantasy lately. I need to get a few things going on my Night Goblins and head out to my FLGS (Friendly Local Gaming Store), Grand Adventures on Sundays and get a better feel for the game before starting my Sartosa based army.

Before I left for vacation, I got the OK from the Imperial Budget Commander to order a Battle Foam case for my Orks. Last time I took the to the FLGS, my Orks spilled out from their make-shift case into the floor board of my truck! Luckily nothing was broken this time, and afterwards I decided that I needed to make the investment in a good case. My FLGS had two P.A.C.K. 720's in stock, so I grabbed those and ordered the foam to go in them, which should be arriving this week. So until then, I'll be playing my Deathwing.

And to top it all off, I've got a small tournament at the FLGS this weekend to help run, and a much, much larger one, the Battle for Supremacy on December 3rd. Keep an eye out for more details on this one! And, there is still the local map campaign going on at the FLGS as well.

It's gonna be a busy end to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment