Sunday, June 2, 2013

Battle Force Challenge Updates and More

It's been a few months since I lasted posted anything to the blog. In fact, it's been a while for most of us here at The Istvaanians. We wrapped up the Battle for Stones River in the beginning of March, and managed to have 82 players show up this year! The months leading up to this had us busy making new terrain and new tables, while repairing the old terrain. I've also been doing commission work on the side assembling models for a few guys at my FLGS Grand Adventures, and I'm working on changing our blogger site over to WordPress. Once everything was said and done with the Battle for Stones River, I know I was left feeling burnt out and exhausted. With my personal Battle Force Challenge going on, I knew that I wouldn't be able to get anything done in the first three months of this year. Now, we are going on 6 months into the year, and I have less than 30 days to finish my next army, Dark Angels.

My Deathwing sitting next to the boxes of parts for my next commission job, Heresy Era Deathguard.


My Battle Force Deathwing, as of today.



Instead of doing the Ravenwing Battle Force (the only official Dark Angels battle force), I have decided to redo my Ultrawing into a properly painted Deathwing army. In addition to the 1500 pt army for the Battle Force Challenge, I have decided to paint all of my Deathwing terminators for a army of about 2500 - 3000 points. Then I will do a Ravenwing and Greenwing Dark Angels afterwards. All in 30 days.....


My Christmas present from my wife.
I didn't get a chance to post this earlier in the year. These two photos are the "after" photos of my game room. I had looked around for a few months before finding a solution to my storage problems in my game room. While I was on a business trip, I went into Ikea and came out with several catalogs and different ideas for what might possibly work. In the end I settled on set up shown above. I still need to get everything organized, but at least it is in the right area now. Behind the two doors below the file full of old White Dwarfs are the beginnings of at least two Fantasy and two 40K armies. It seems I may have a slight hording problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment