Well, it's been two weeks since we started our "A Tale of 6 Gamers" event, and everyone seems to be in it for the long haul! I don't think any of us got as much finished as we would have liked, but we did a Thanksgiving holiday in the middle of our two weeks. So, a little bad timing on my part. Anyway, for those of you keeping track at home, here are the next set of challenges as we start to add 250 points every two weeks! Tonight or tomorrow I will post up everyone's results from the first two weeks.
A Tale of Gamers - The Long Road Ahead - 12/01/2011
Hopefully this week everyone will start with a fully painted and based 1250 point “Core Army”. If not, getting them finished should be your top priority! Over the next two weeks, we’re adding another 250 points worth of models to your list. Remember, you can also change the wargear and unit size to your existing “Core Army” as well. You will have until December 15th, 2011 to complete the first additional 250 points to your “Core Army”. Choose your models wisely!
The Long Road Ahead
- Add an additional 250 points to your “Core Army” and email or give your updated army list to Danny.
- The additional 250 points can be what ever you want, and all models need to be WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).
- The models in your “Core Army” will not change through out the challenge, but you are allowed to change the unit size and wargear as long as the models are WYSIWYG.
- Models can be in any condition for this challenge, but try to have at least one new or unfinished unit to work on.
- To count towards your results, all models must have at minimum 3 colors on the figures and 1 color on the base.
- 3 points for completing your additional 250 pts with at least 3 colors on all models
- 3 points for completing your additional 250 pts with at least 1 color on the bases
Only 3 Colors? - 1 point
Why stop at just three colors on your models? Take the time to get a shade and highlight on each of your colors where you can. Your models (and your points) will thank you.
The Best of the Best or The Quick and the Dead! - 1 point
While you can chose any models in your codex for you next 250 pts, you might want to think about making it an elite or fast attack choice. If you do, you’ll get 1 point!
Part Two of “The Devil is in the Details” - 2 points
How did you do last time? Did you get everything done on all of your models? Keep it up with all of your new additions. While you’re at it, let’s spice up those bases some more. Add flock, static grass, etc. to your bases and paint them with as much attention as your models. If you got all the Challenges done last time, then your almost done!